troff -- bold italics

The Resource, Poet of Quality bicker at hoqax.UUCP
Tue Jun 21 04:01:33 AEST 1988

In article <1297 at wjvax.UUCP>, miker at wjvax.UUCP (Michael Ryan) writes:
| to obtain bold italics one must use a construct '.bd I N' , N being the
| level of enboldening. '.bd I' should turn off enboldening. the caveat ?
| yes, 'The mode must be still or again in effect when the characters are
| physically printed.' what ? oh I get it , but I can't get it to work.
| I either get all bold italics, even after I believe I have stopped enboldening,
| or I get no bold italics at all.
|
| frustrated and  tired , I am asking for some examples of working
| bold italics.

First, please post the problem.  Post a section of the text and
codes you are putting into troff.

.bd I 3
.ce
Hi there
.br
.bd I

should work.
--
/kohn/brian.c      AT&T Bell Laboratories Semantic Engineering Center
The Resource, Poet of Quality   ...ihnp4!hoqam!bicker  (201) 949-5850