-since option for ls -lt

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.UUCP
Fri Jun 10 13:37:51 AEST 1988

In article <355 at conexch.UUCP> root at conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) writes:
>simple matter to get a listing of the files that have been changed within
>n days.  Try this:
>
>        find . -ctime -n -exec ls -l {} \;

I would like to have a listing that shows only directory names (without
showing subdirectories) with the date of the last change to any non-directory
file contained in that tree.  Comparing this to a similar listing of
archive files would show which ones need to be updated.  The date of
a directory itself is pretty useless for this purpose, since compressing
files, compiling, deleting *.o files, etc. will affect the dir date
even though no real changes have happened.  I have almost resorted
to running zoo on all the directories where I am not actively working
just to get this effect...
Can it be done with any of the usual tools?  Hmm.. might be a good job
for perl when the version with filename globbing is released.

  Les Mikesell