HOW DO I MAKE VI'S AUTOINDENT NOT USE TABS?

Ronald O. Christian ronc at cerebus.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 07:03:48 AEST 1988

I never did like the autoindent feature anyway -- it seems to
indent when I don't want to more often than it indents when
I want to.  But that didn't stop me from using the tab key,
even though I don't like tabs in my files either.  I just made
it a habit of running the file through "indent" upon exit from
vi.  Is "indent" also available under system V, I wonder?

			Ron
--

      Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
      {amdahl, pyramid, sun, unisoft, uunet}!cerebus!ronc

      Calling all Fujitsu Usenet sites!  Contact cerebus!ronc or
      ronc at fai.com to establish uucp connection.