More categories for aliases (was Re: something or other)

Steve Creps creps at silver
Wed Jun 1 04:45:37 AEST 1988

   Someone posted an article about uses for aliases, and gave three categories,
asking for any others. I was unable to post to this group at the time (due to
config problems at our site that have since been fixed), and the article seems
to have expired now. Anyway, I have two more categories to add.

- To set default flags for a command (i.e. "alias rm rm -i" makes -i a default
  flag for rm instead of -f)

- To customize a command (i.e. "alias finger finger \| sort" customizes the
  finger command so that output is sorted)

Steve Creps, Indiana University, Bloomington, home of the "Hoosiers"
	creps at silver.bacs.indiana.edu (192.12.206.2)
	{pur-ee,ihnp4!inuxc,rutgers,pyramid}!iuvax!silver!creps
	creps at iubacs.bitnet (forwarded)
"To dream... the unlintable dream..."