A csh question ...

Troutfishing in America gph at hpsemc.HP.COM
Sat Jun 4 05:07:16 AEST 1988

Lloyd Zusman writes:

-->Are there any csh's out there that do this differently, perhaps if some
-->command-line flag is set?

    Lloyd,

    I think you have a very good point.  It's interesting that the new
    Korn shell, which I view as an improvement over csh, first executes
    .profile, and then executes .kshrc.   .kshrc is executed with each
    invocation of a ksh.

    This is exactly the scenario you want for your csh.

    I use ksh, and this way is quite satisfactory.