UUCP Over TCP/IP

Jeff Roth ntm1569 at dsacg3.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 22:56:05 AEST 1988

>From article <10036 at marduk.uucp>, by gww at marduk.uucp (Gary Winiger):
[responding to mparker at chip.UUCP's question on the TCP/IP UUCP service]

> Page 2 of L.sys(5) in the 4.3BSD documentation documents a ``caller''
> field value of TCP.  That will cause the sender's 4.3BSD UUCP system to
> open a TCP connetion to the receiver's uucpd.  The receiver, of course,
> needs to have configured access to uucpd.  I don't happen to have a 4.3
> system on hand configured that way to tell you what the inetd.conf line
> has to look like, but I recall it all being in the source directories
> for uucp.  (If it isn't already configured.)

from our /etc/inetd.conf:
uucpd  stream  tcp  nowait  uucp  /etc/uucpd  uucpd

from our /etc/services:
uucp    540/tcp    uucpd    # uucp daemon

from our /usr/lib/uucp/L.sys:
dsacg1 Any TCP uucp dsacg1 ogin:--ogin:--ogin: Udsacg3 ssword: PASSWORD
--
Jeff Roth (osu-cis!dsacg1!jroth) 614-238-9421 (Autovon 850-9421)
>From the Internet: jroth%dsacg1.uucp at daitc.arpa
US Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation       I speak for myself
Center, DSAC-TMP, Box 1605, Columbus, OH 43216