RCS and SCCS

David I. Berg dberg at cod.NOSC.MIL
Wed Jun 29 02:14:24 AEST 1988

In article <710 at ubu.warwick.UUCP>, maujd at warwick.UUCP (Geoff Rimmer) writes:
> Which out of RCS and SCCS do people prefer?  ..........
> .....  What are the good and bad points of each system?

I have used both systems, depending on which was available on the particular
computer I was using.  I find RCS particularly easier to use than SCCS.
In fact, in one case, I converted all my SCCS files to RCS using the
sccstorcs utility.  Another feature of RCS is that it stores the current
version of your file and the changes backward to the original, whereas
SCCS stores the original version of your file and the changes forward
to the current.  Therefore, it will take SCCS a trifle longer to produce
the current version than RCS.