accounting

Mike Marshall hubcap at hubcap.UUCP
Tue Mar 8 07:10:42 AEST 1988

I need to map standard BSD accounting information into a format
that is palatable to our home-grown accounting programs. I need to
charge people for CPU time. I see three fields which in themselves,
or in some combination, might give me a reasonable number to use:
  - ac_utime        defined as "user time"
  - ac_stime                   "system time"
  - ac_etime                   "elapsed time"

Other than the little blurb I included above, I know nothing about how
to interpret the data in these fields. I have looked in acct(2) and acct(5).
Where might I find out more info? What can you tell me about these fields?

Thanks for any help.

-Mike Marshall       hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu        ...!hubcap!hubcap