Wanted: Remote Virtual Disk software

Win Treese treese at athena.mit.edu
Wed Mar 2 12:04:06 AEST 1988

In article <459 at sun.soe.clarkson.edu> bkc at sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Brad Clements) writes:

>There was a program call RVD, developed at MIT, that does exactly
>what I want.
>
>Can anyone direct me to the source for RVD or other public domain
>software (incomplete or messy code is ok).  I need to be able to support
>various ethernet cards.
>
>I don't need anything polished because I will probably have to alter it
>for our site anyway.
>
>Thanks
>Brad Clements
>bkc at omnigate.clarkson.edu

Glad to hear you're interested in it.  The RVD software is not quite in
shape for distribution right now, though that can possibly be arranged.
The PC RVD client runs on top of MIT's PC/IP software, which supports
a few different PC Ethernet boards, though perhaps not all the ones you
want.

Please contact me for more information about it.

	Win Treese
	Systems Engineer
	MIT Project Athena

Internet:	treese at athena.MIT.EDU
UUCP:		...!{backbones}!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!treese
US-Mail:	E40-342B, 1 Amherst St., Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone:		(617) 253-0172

#include <disclaimer.h>

"I am not a number!  I am a free man!"