Anonymous Login Accounts

Christine Blumenkamp chrisb at almsa-1.arpa
Wed Mar 9 03:45:26 AEST 1988

I would like to know how to set up "anonymous" login accounts on several
different systems that are on an Ethernet.  These accounts will be established
for people using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) who need to copy files to/from
a remote system but do not have a personal login account on each system.
Eventually there will be five Sperry 5000/80's running Unix System V.3 and two
Vaxen running Unix BSD 4.3 on this Ethernet.

I'm particularly concerned about security issues - will placing them in a
restricted shell and keeping a watchful eye on file/directory permissions be
sufficient?

Are there any references that would be useful reading?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

				Christy Blumenkamp

Christy Blumenkamp   <chrisb at almsa-1.arpa>
USAMC ALMSA, ATTN:  AMXAL-TC, Box 1578, St. Louis, MO  63188-1578
COMMERCIAL:  (314) 263-5646	AUTOVON:  693-5646
uunet.uu.net!chrisb at almsa-1.arpa