How does a program get its path name?

Michael I. Bushnell mike at turing.UNM.EDU
Wed Mar 9 12:39:50 AEST 1988

Now, I can see a better, more complete solution that all the previous ones.

Just

   1: Take a look in the core map and find out the inode of
      the file you are executing.
   2: Search the hierarchy looking for that inode.

Of course, (2) can be made much shorter by first checking out
a bunch of likely locations, and then resorting to searching
the whole thing.

Further, you could look at files with the same name as argv[0] only,
but I don't think that would give you any improvement over just
stat-ing them all.

Just remember
    "If you have a hard UNIX problem, a kernel dive is the answer."

but I don't thing
but t
				Michael I. Bushnell
				mike at turing.unm.edu