Timezones

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Wed Mar 9 13:01:35 AEST 1988

   >I have discovered that there is no such thing as GMT time anymore.

   Although GMT may not be "official" any more, I maintain that as
   long as someone uses the expression, and other persons still
   understand it, then the concept still exists.

Really! I still refer to our sports arena as `D.C. Stadium' rather than
`RFK', the Dept of Nukes as the `AEC', the `Motor Vehicle Administration'
as the `DMV', and my bank, now `Sovran', as it was originally, `Suburban
Trust' (Suburb Ant Rust:-). Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I call my OS `UNIX'.

   (Denmark went metric a *loooong* time ago, but you can still
   buy butter by the pound here).

And we never got around to going metric, but that's how they sell liquor.

      Hans Rancke, University of Copenhagen
	     ..mcvax!diku!rancke

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
OKAY!!  Turn on the sound ONLY for TRYNEL CARPETING,
 FULLY-EQUIPPED R.V.'S and FLOATATION SYSTEMS!!