Unix on a VAXCluster ??

Richard B Dervan ccoprrd at pyr.gatech.EDU
Tue Mar 8 16:35:53 AEST 1988

In article <1209 at ritcsh.UUCP>, geordie at ritcsh.UUCP (Geordie 'Gweeb' Klueber) writes:
>In article <2902 at pitt.UUCP> jonathan at vax.cs.pittsburgh.edu.UUCP (Jonathan Eunice) writes:
>>In article <985 at luth.luth.se> roland at sm.luth.se (Roland Hedberg) writes:
>>>is it possible to run Unix on a Vax cluster?
>>NO.   A VaxCluster is a confederation of Vax machines sharing common
>>resources....
>The Ultrix team at DEC is working on this.....

We have a 'cluster' of 24 VaxStation 2000's running Ultrix in one of our
computer labs.  As far as Johnathan's definition of a cluster, I think
we meet the requirements.  We have the 24 workstations hooked to two file
servers (Micro-Vaxen) via NFS and a PrintServer 40.  Each station has
access to the same resources/files as any other.

-Richard
| Richard B Dervan                     BitNet: ccoprrd at gitvm1             |
| Office of Computing Services         ARPA  : ccoprrd at pyr.gatech.edu     |
| Georgia Institute of Technology      CIS   : 70365,1012                 |
| Atlanta, Ga 30332                    MCI   : RDERVAN                    |
|   uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!gatech!gitpyr!ccoprrd   |
|__________________"We don't fit the mold...we build it"__________________|