Shell script for using interpreters

00704a-Lukas lukas at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Wed Mar 30 04:16:02 AEST 1988

In article <602 at nunki.usc.edu> sreerang at castor.usc.edu (Sreeranga Rajan) writes:
>I would like to know how I could write a shell script to perform the
>following actions:
>			enter lisp interpreter
>			load all the required files
>			take input from the keyboard after loading
>			the files

I had (what I think is) a similar request to the net awhile back. It
involved a "startup" file (sf) of commands that I wanted executed each
time a given program was invoked. Logically, that involves catenating
the two sources together; I recieved several responses:

	(cat sf; cat) | prog
	cat sf - | prog
	cat sf /dev/tty | prog

There are slight differences; choose the one that best fits. You may
also need the -u option to cat.

I dont know if this is what you are looking for, or if it applies to
lisp; just trying to start paying back the debt I owe to the net.
--

	John Lukas
	ihnp4!ihlpf!lukas