Flaming Escapes - a Partly Baked Idea

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP
Wed Mar 9 00:53:48 AEST 1988

  I don't think this is a good idea. Perhaps in a world where no one
mistyped a command of got a command zapped by communications lines, but
not for me, thanks.

  UNIX does enough interesting things with mistyped commands at the
shell level, without adding a "pseudo shell" level.

  Implementation: I guess you could chase the path yourself, but that
would be a pain. The Korn shell "whence" command will return a path for
any valid command including builtins. You could popen the shell and ask
if the command is valid.

  Yes, I know I'm telling him how to implement a bad idea, but I hate
people who won't let me make a fool of myself...
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)