wanted: Sun 386 Workstation (Road Runner) info

Bertil Reinhammar bertil at carola.uucp
Wed May 18 20:52:56 AEST 1988

In article <231 at pvab.UUCP> robert at pvab.UUCP (Robert Claeson) writes:

    [A lot of ref's deleted]

>I have seen and used the machine myself, and I liked it a lot.
>It was just the price tag that made me wonder who could justify to
>purchase a Sun386i instead of one of those Taiwanese Compaq 386 clones?
>Especially for those who don't need the all software that Sun ships their
>machine with (and that is probably true for most of the to-be
>customers).

We are about to get some 20 RR-stations to be used in education and
research. Getting all that stuff at that price and compatible with
the rest of SUN environment was some of the major reasons for buying.

About needs of software: People are ( at least here in Sweden ) RAPIDLY
raising their demands. So the difference in price are more or less
of no meaning anymore.

--
Dept. of Electrical Engineering	     ...!uunet!mcvax!enea!rainier!bertil
University of Linkoping, Sweden	     bertil at rainier.se, bertil at rainier.UUCP