curses question

Jeff Van Epps jjv3345 at ritcv.UUCP
Fri May 20 08:40:55 AEST 1988

Folks,

I have a Unix program which takes advantage of the curses library for all
of its screen I/O.  In a select few places where I am using standout mode
while displaying text, I lose characters from the strings being output.
This ONLY HAPPENS in a suntools environment.  For the most part, the package
works well, but in suntools, inside of a shelltool, this character loss
takes place.  I went so far as doing an waddstr and a wrefresh between two
sleep statements, to assure that I wasn't blowing something away, and not
seeing it because of swift I/O.  Is it possible that the I/O in bold is
too fast for the window?  Any advise appreciated.