wanted: Sun 386 Workstation (Road Runner) info

Stan Brown stan at sdba.UUCP
Mon May 16 03:07:57 AEST 1988

	** STUFF DELTED ****

> As I've said before on a different newsgroup, the Sun 386i is competitively
> priced when compared with other 386 systems because it includes many
> features which are necessary in a distributed academic environment but
> which have to be bought separately as add-ons to "street-market" PC's.
> Furthermore, the UNIX situation for 386 PC's is messy because there are so
> many hardware "standards" (sic) which no generic offering of UNIX can

	We too are looking at buying a couple.  We are a small controls
system engineeriing co. & do a lot of in house work on a UNIX9tm)
machine.  However we are being forced to fo more & more software
development to run on DOS target machines.  In addition we presently
us a 12 MHZ AT clone for AutoCad(tm) work.

	The Sun's will allow us to integrate all of these diverse
needs into a networking environmet where everyone will have acess
to the latest version of all data.

	The DOS compatbilty (while retainig a _real_ -:) operating
system for our users & developers) is the key here also.

--
Stan Brown	S. D. Brown & Associates	404-292-9497
gatech!sdba!stan