Automatic Shutdown

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Wed May 18 03:09:43 AEST 1988

   From:  Operations <berto at bc-cis.uucp>

	   I am looking for an hardware and software that will monitor our
   computer room temperature, and if it goes above a specified temperature,
   will initiate a graceful shutdown.  I'm responsible for a VAX 11/780 running
   BSD 4.3.

We have a droid that monitors temperature and dials a list of (up to nine)
phone numbers. I believe it was bought a Radio Shack, but I forget the name.
If you need more info, let me know.

				   Robert Siegfried
				   Dept. of Computer & Information Science
				   Brooklyn College of CUNY
				   Brooklyn, NY  11210
   berto at bc-cis@UUCP
   berto at bklyncis.bitnet
   rsiegfrd at bklyn.bitnet
   rmsgc at cunyvm.bitnet

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?