Curses problem on PC monitors

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Tue May 17 05:27:53 AEST 1988

In article <278 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.UUCP (Dave Hammond) writes:

>Re: Curses output on PC monitors
>
>When displaying standout() text on a CGA or Mono monitor, if the
>standout() text is the last text on the line, the standend() routine
>does not end standout() mode. All blank space and lines until the next
>non-blank text appears in reverse. A typical example is:
		d e l e t e d

I have seen what you mention.  I have also seen it in MSDOS with the
ansi.sys driver installed. It doesn't happen in DOS with nanci.sys
installed. Since xenix and ansi.sys were written by Microsoft I suspect
an error in the implementation.

If you're still under service, complain. It's been this was for years.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)