wanted: Sun 386 Workstation (Ro

german at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu.UUCP german at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu.UUCP
Thu May 19 00:14:00 AEST 1988

A comparison between the Sun386i/150, Compaq Deskpro 386/20 and IBM PS/2
model 80-111 was in the May 3, 1988 PC Week starting on page 13 (vol. 5 no. 18)
It is not an in depth review.  The 386i is a Unix workstation and is not
aimed at people who just want a fast PC.  I prefer the Unix environment and
find that ability to run MS-DOS programs under Unix a bonus.  I am sure there
will be many people who do buy the machine as a fast DOS box, but that is not
the market Sun appears to be going for.

         Greg German (german at uxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU) (217-333-8293)
US Mail: Univ of Illinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801
Office:  181 Digital Computer Lab.