Hamilton Group Announcement

Bob Page page at swan.ulowell.edu
Thu May 19 07:01:20 AEST 1988

Is the recent "hamilton group" announcement being discussed anywhere
on USENET?  I'm interested in the opinions out there.

Executive Summary: ATT & Sun (and UNISYS and Xerox I think) are
building "the next standard UNIX" ... a number of vendors (DEC, IBM,
Apollo, HP, Seimens, Bull, and some others) form their OWN group
called the Open Software Foundation to build a different UNIX (based
on AIX so I heard), to supposedly come with less restrictions than
ATT's version.

Where's RMS and GNU when you need 'em?	:-)

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page at swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page