unsetenv TERMCAP in a csh

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Sun May 8 00:05:46 AEST 1988

In article <3780 at csli.STANFORD.EDU> gandalf at csli.stanford.edu (Juergen Wagner) writes:
>Aliases work much better because they are executed in the current
>environment, whereas scripts are run in a new shell. ...and there is
>no way to change the parent's environment just bu calling a script.
>--
>Juergen "Gandalf" Wagner,		   gandalf at csli.stanford.edu

if you need the full function of a shell script you can alias as follows:

alias pushd 'source ~/bin/pushd.rc'

this has the advantage of being an alias, so the command runs in the
current environment, PLUS, (thanks to the source command it works)
you can have a full blown shell script.

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                 | "You see, I want a lot.  Perhaps I want every
River Parishes Programming       | -thing.  The darkness that comes with every