Is typeahead loss a generic ksh problem?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Thu May 19 21:33:47 AEST 1988

In article <2208 at quacky.mips.COM> dce at mips.COM (David Elliott) writes:
>You learn to live without typeahead or without a line editor.  I chose
>to live without the editor.

There is no need for typeahead to be flushed when the terminal handler
mode is changed via ioctl.  That is an artifact of the old, creaky
terminal handler most 4BSD-based systems are still saddled with.  In
fact it isn't even necessary on modern 4BSD systems; I often type
ahead just after invoking our local screen editor, which definitely
changes terminal modes after my first few characters but does not
lost them.