bad filenames

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Fri May 20 10:54:37 AEST 1988

   In article <14418 at brl-adm.ARPA> rbj at icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:
   >   From: David Goodenough <dg at lakart.uucp>
   >   Since this is a UNIX group I'm going to ask "how was a file with a '/'
   >   in it's name created?" I *_CANT_* do it here (BSD 4.3).
   >
   >By a stray neutrino zapping the directory entry.

   If you use memory and disk without ECC, you deserve to lose this way.
   (Unfortunately, I think most personal computers don't have any memory
   ECC -- users of A/UX should flame heavily at Apple about this.)

What makes you think ECC works *ALL THE TIME*? Just mostly.

   Barry Margolin
   Thinking Machines Corp.

   barmar at think.com
   uunet!think!barmar

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?