again

Ken Arromdee arrom at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu
Sat Apr 22 07:02:23 AEST 1989

>I would tend to believe that the program works.  So whats left?  Is it
>possible that in all of the machinations of program development,
>Mr. Arromdee has ended up with a version of his own utility program for
>determining the user id, uids, that has the setuid bit set?

No.

If you look closely at what I posted, you can see that I also executed
"uids" BEFORE running the test program, and it didn't say it was setuid
then; it only did so afterwards.

Besides, I tested some operations requiring the second uid's permission to
perform, and I was allowed to perform them.
--
"But then, two Dr. McCoy's just might bring the level of medical efficiency on
this ship up to acceptable levels."

Kenneth Arromdee (UUCP: ....!jhunix!ins_akaa; BITNET: g49i0188 at jhuvm;
     INTERNET: arromdee at crabcake.cs.jhu.edu) (please, no mail to arrom at aplcen)