YAPQ (yet another prompt question)

Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl abcscnge at csuna.csun.edu
Wed Aug 23 16:40:57 AEST 1989

>rg at unh.UUCP (Roger   Gonzalez) writes:
>Also, is there any way to keep 'make' from spitting out a prompt
>after every step?

Two ways:

1) put the line:

	SHELL=/bin/sh

  at the top of your makefile

2) in your .cshrc use the (regrettably undocumented feature):

	if ( $?prompt ) then
		# interactive shell stuff (including prompt) here
	endif

The second method will also have the effect of speeding up C-shell scripts.
The "if ( $?prompt ) then" says do this ONLY if the shell variable "prompt"
is set.  It is only set on interactive shells.

Scott

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge