Format of installpkg packages

david.sanderson fury at cbnewsl.ATT.COM
Tue Aug 1 13:51:57 AEST 1989

In article <1050 at kuling.UUCP>, bear at kuling.UUCP (Bjorn Sjoholm) writes:
> I am looking for a specification of the `installpkg` package
> format used in System V release 3.2 (and maybe in other releases too).

The packaging format is described in the document:

"AT&T 3B Computer Application Software Packaging Guide", select code 305-001
(Issue 1, dated 1988)

It appears to be fairly generic; I don't know if there is a different
packaging guide for the 6386.

DaviD W. Sanderson     Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam     AT&T Bell Laboratories
attunix.att.com!dws                                           Summit, NJ