FILE TRNASFER WITHIN PROGRAMS

Rao Tummalapalli rao at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu
Tue Aug 15 05:30:49 AEST 1989

	Hi,

		I would appreciate any info. on transferring files across
	machines on internet, within programs.  I know that I can use 'ftp'
	and 'rcp' interactively.

		I want to do the transfer from the programs with a function
	call with remote & local filenames as arguments (The filename is a
	combination of hostname and path just as in rcp).  It can be assum-
	ed that the username is same on remote and local machines, although
        eventually root privileges may be assumed on both local and remote
        machines.

		Please send email to  rao at cerc.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu.

							Thanks alot,
							    Rao.