Yellow Pages server not responding

Cathy Accettura cathy at larry.sal.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 3 02:59:14 AEST 1989

I have a group of computers running Ultrix 3.0.  I am setting
up a new VaxServer3500 as a client of the domain SAL.  I have
2 microvaxes that are playing the role of server.  One of these
servers is the master and one is a slave server.

The problem is on my new computer I get the error
yp:server not responding for domanin SAL.  Still trying.
This also sometime occurs some of the Vaxstation 2000 clients.

The problem is the new system never comes up unless I edit
out the yellow pages stuff in the rc.local.  The server is
running a ypserv and a ypbind deamon.  ypwhich returns server
name.

Any ideas or commands that I can try to learn more about this
problem would be appreciated.

Cathy Accettura
Space Astronomy Lab
University of Wisconsin