Code 0x01 in Tatu Ylonen SCSI driver

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Sat Aug 5 18:08:34 AEST 1989

I've ported Tatu Ylonen's SCSI driver to my Unix system. And
it has been working flawlessly for some time.

However, I recently connected a Fujitsu M2249/SA drive and
I've come across a message from the drive that Mr. Ylonen's
driver doesn't handle.

I regularly get the message:

scsi: unknown message received from drive 2: 0x1

and the drive operates very poorly.  Through some research of
my own, I've found that this is a MSG_EXTENDED code that is
not recognized.  The following code excerpt is the generator
of the error message:

    default:
      if (a & 0x80)
	break; /* assume it is an identify message */
      printf("scsi: unknown message received from drive %d: %x\n",
	     unit,a);
      break;
    }

So, can anyone help me develop the code to handle this case?  Any
help would be appreciated. Such as a fix for the code, information
on the 0x1 code, or references for general information on the
SCSI protocol.

Thanks in advanced.
-brian

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291