netnews under Interactive

Willy Paine paine at rust.dec.com
Fri Aug 18 04:51:17 AEST 1989

Only rn from SCO works fine with ix/386 if you are using newest
Xenix/AT or Xenix/386 but you need to build news from scratch.  C News
works great with some minor bugs that I need to tune up little more.  My
nn program (news reader) works great.    I think C News is easier for me
to install than B news, even I have tried to install both.  Before you
run build program in C News, have your manual, paper and pen ready and
this will ask you alot of question on command, library functions and
other environment.   Be sure to add rnews in /usr/lib/uucp/Permission
and it is found in system adm manual for ix/386.   Right now my ix/386
is polling for email and news every hour but incomming call is not
working yet.  I am using Telebit right now.

My fidonet address 1:343/15 and this is VHST modem.
You can send email to my house uunet!nwnexus!seaeast!willyp

If you are successful with B News, let me know.

willy

p.s. my company has fast email/news service but it is hard to reply each
news because decwrl is so dumb mailer and I need full pathname address
to reply.  I am using rn at work.