Question about ``find`` commnad

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith.UUCP
Sat Aug 5 13:20:36 AEST 1989

In article <20335 at adm.BRL.MIL> rbj at dsys.ncsl.nist.gov (Root Boy Jim) writes:

|? >I have nothing against nifty vendor extensions. There are many holes
|? >in the utilities. But don't break existing interfaces without thinking!
|? >
|? >Perhaps Tektronix should just stick to making oscilloscopes.

This means *so* much coming from someone who wants to fundimentally limit
root.  (BTW, my Tektronix oscilloscope is in the shop for repair.  :-(  )

| Suppose I had a script that depended on
| symbolic links not being followed? And suppose I ran it under Utek?

Depending on symlinks being followed or not without testing is rather
dangerous.  (sad but true)  Let us not forget the great pwd war.
(Which was never really resolved as I recall.)

| If AT&T wants any clout with Berkeley devotees, they need Sun.

No, if AT&T wants any clout with Berkeley devotees, they need Berkeley.
Sun != Berkeley.  Perhaps you mean clout with BJ devotees?

  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|

	    "But we're only up to the fourth inning."