Prompt question

Aidan Saunders aidan%ncl.shire at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 03:07:03 AEST 1989

I want to have the current directory name in my prompt (using csh)
so I set the prompt using $cwd:t

BUT...
 BUT...
  BUT...

   When I'm in the root directory, /, I want / to appear in the prompt.
Using $cwd:t gives me nothing in the directory part of the prompt.

Also, it would be nice if the top directories (ie /etc /tmp ...)
appeared with the leading slash while other directories appear only
with the tail part.

Any ideas ?  (I'm not bothered how you can do it in other shells -
              I want to know about csh !)

aidan.

ARPA :: a.c.g.saunders at newcastle.ac.uk
UUCP :: ...!ukc!newcastle.ac.uk!a.c.g.saunders