.plan

Bruce Barnett barnett at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 29 21:03:07 AEST 1989

In article <2620 at trantor.harris-atd.com>, bbadger at x102c (Badger BA 64810) writes:
>What can be done about this problem?  Don't use these terminals if you
>can avoid it, and if security is any importance to you.  Don't
>allow anyone to write directly to your terminal (mesg n).  Use only
>trusted applications which filter out the nasty sequences.

Also, don't allow anyone in the room with such a terminal.
Most vt100's allow anyone to change the ANSWERBACK string
if they can physically access the terminal.

I also suggest that if you EVER use a vt100 that is in a public
place, and you are concerned with security, you check what happens
when a Control-E is sent to the terminal everytime you log into
your account.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett at crd.ge.com>   uunet!crdgw1!barnett