What to do with core dumps?

Glen Ecklund glen at astroatc.UUCP
Wed Aug 9 01:29:10 AEST 1989

In article <645 at lakart.UUCP> dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
>Yep, and dbx is even less use than adb if the program wasn't compiled with
>a -g option. Try taking dbx to a non -g executable. A fate usually reserved
>for masochists :-)

I do it all the time.  So do others who used to use adb.  I don't know
adb, and don't wish to know it, because it is so ugly.

BTW, I have fixed up and enhanced dbx, so maybe genuine limitations in your
dbx are at issue, but the only things I can think of off-hand that I had to
add to dbx from adb were the ability to modify the object file, and the
ability to specify relocation address (mainly for kernel debugging).

I guess I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to ask,
"Are there any other features which adb users find missing in dbx?"
Please email to me.  Thanks.

Glen