Format of installpkg packages

michael.p.lindner mpl at cbnewsl.ATT.COM
Thu Aug 3 07:18:09 AEST 1989

In article <724 at lzaz.ATT.COM>, hutch at lzaz.ATT.COM (R.HUTCHISON) writes:
> - In article <1050 at kuling.UUCP>, bear at kuling.UUCP (Bjorn Sjoholm) writes:
> -> I am looking for a specification of the `installpkg` package
> -> format used in System V release 3.2 (and maybe in other releases too).
> ->  [Stuff deleted]
> -> Bjorn Sjoholm         UUCP: bear at kuling.uu.se (...!uunet!sunic!kuling!bear)
>
> Look in the UNIX System V/386 Release  3.2 Integrated Software
                            ^^^

> Bob Hutchison

Unfortunately, the ISDG only describes the 386 way of doing
things.  I believe the original poster wanted to know the format
for 3B2 installable floppies.  I don't have a reference, but
if you have a 3B2, just look at the shell script for installpkg
and see what it expects, then look at an installable package
and see what's there.

Mike Lindner
attunix!mpl or mpl at attunix.att.com