Nutshell book questions (Quality & Skill level)

Gary Blumenstein garyb at crpmks.UUCP
Sun Dec 24 15:33:52 AEST 1989

In article <9059 at cbmvax.commodore.com> schein at cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein - Guest) writes:
>[Food for the hungry line eaters of the 3rd world countries :-]
>
>  Im curious if anyone has knowledge of the Nutshell (publisher) books
>  entitled, "Using C on the UNIX System" (ISBN 0-937175-34-4) $24.95 and
>  "Checking C Programs with lint" (ISBN 0-937175-30-7) $12.95. I received
>  a Nutshell book listing and was wondering what the quality and skill
>  level of these books are.

I have "Using C on the UNIX System".  I will quote directly from the
introduction to anser your question.

"It discusses in detail the use of most of the system calls and library routines available to the C programmer on the UNIX operating system.  It is not intended
 to be an introduction to C programming, nor can it really be considered and
 "advanced C programming guide."  Rather, it has been written for the person
 interested in learing to become a "systems programmer" for the UNIX operating
 system."

Hope this helps some.