Checking # of parms

Geoff Clare gwc at root.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 23:21:43 AEST 1989

In article <339 at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu.edu> tad at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Tad Alan Davis) writes:

>Is there a quick & dirty way, using grep, awk, or some such filter to check
>the number of parmeters of a function.  Basically, I have a large set of
>functions which I call frequently with the wrong number of parms.  I want to
>put the names of the functions and the number of parms in a file and use a
>filter to check them in a C program.

I have seen a couple of answers to this which suggest using the
C preprocessor for this.  That's fine as far as it goes, but I would
suggest a better solution is to create a lint library for these
functions, then you will get the argument types checked as well.
--
Geoff Clare, UniSoft Limited, Saunderson House, Hayne Street, London EC1A 9HH
gwc at root.co.uk  (Dumb mailers: ...!uunet!root.co.uk!gwc)  Tel: +44-1-315-6600