Descending directory hierarchy?

John C. Burant johnb at lakesys.lakesys.com
Fri Dec 1 10:27:34 AEST 1989

I've been thinking about the find command on SysV's... the one that makes you
type find / name [filename] -print to find files, and only finds files with
the exact filename specified... and I've been thinking about writing a program
that will act like the BSD find... it list all files with the phrase you look
for in the filename... (like if I looked for t, I'd get a lot of files listed)

Which brings me to the question: Is there a way to descend the directory
hierachy into every directory, or do I have to write a routine to do that?

Thanks.
-John

--
John C. Burant | johnb at lakesys.lakesys.com      | "Now don't you wish you
Glendale, WI   | johnb at lakesys.UUCP             | had someone with perfect