How to flush output (was how ... to disk)

Dan Mick dan at charyb.COM
Sun Dec 10 08:26:12 AEST 1989

In article <21184 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:

(about using setbuf(stdout, NULL)

>... and slow.  I mean *really* slow.  I mean, really truly HORRIBLY
>slow.  I mean, if you think the city buses are slow. . . .

Yes, you're absolutely right.  I'd thought he was looking for output whilst
debugging; I don't have any idea how I got that notion locked in my head.
Sorry.  Of course it's horribly inefficient.

While debugging, I don't care, and it involves virtually no source mods,
so it's far easier to stick in as a temporary change.  But you wouldn't wanna
do it for a finished program.

Sorry for the confusion.  Some humility probably doesn't hurt me, anyway.
--
.sig files are idiotic and wasteful.