rcs (Revision Control System) tutorials, reference manuals

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan.austin.ibm.com
Tue Dec 12 02:56:07 AEST 1989

In article <712 at nixbur.UUCP>, jobrien at nixbur.UUCP (John O'Brien) writes:

> Our system is considering going to rcs (Revision Control System) for
> source code control.  The big problem at this point is that the only
> documentation we have at this point is the "man" pages, which are
> just a start, and don't really cover the concepts, details, or
> provide a tutorial.  Could somebody, anybody out there point me to
> some good doc- umentation on rcs?

The RCS source, that I pulled from one of the archives (probably
gatekeeper.dec.com) had a nice tutorial that I could probably send you
if you can't find it. A much shorter tutorial can be found in the BSD
4.3 Unix Programmer's Manual Supplementary Documents 1.

						Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron at woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan at peyote.cactus.org +