Need help with tbl

David Elliott dce at smsc.sony.com
Sun Dec 24 16:59:52 AEST 1989

In article <15185 at well.UUCP> rhake at well.UUCP (Randall Hake) writes:
>The following error message pops up in either case:
>
>     usage: /usr/bin/tbl [-T X] [--] [file] ... [-]

I can't help with the problem (sounds like a broken command to me),
but if you do call the company, ask them to fix their usage message.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't there something wrong here?  I mean,
according to convention, anything inside of [] (and some others,
depending upon vendor) is optional, and everything else is generally
required.

The above says that you have to at least type (literally)

	tbl ...

If they mean multiple "file" arguments, shouldn't that be [file...],
or do I have the convention wrong?
--
David Elliott
dce at smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce