unix multi-user chat prog.

SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri Dec 1 11:58:16 AEST 1989

greetings all --

        Does anyone know of a (public domain or non-pd) multi-user chat
program?  something similar to the relays on bitnet, or the CB conferencing
on CompuServe.  Does XBBS have this as part of it's repertoire?  If so,
does it run on system V?  This is what I have, so massive bsd-based programs
won't help too much.

        Also - are there any BBS programs other than XBBS?  The type of
BBS software I am looking for must be more entertainment-bound than business
bound.  A company i talked to today sells a bbs system for $4,000.  No
multi-user chat, though. :-)

        I used to call a unix-based bbs in ann arbor, MI.  I think it was
owned by a 'Mike Myers', and the pre-logon header read 'Welcome to Mike
Myers` once and future Altos' - it was an Altos 68000 running system iii.
They had (or 'have') a chat program on there - who wrote that?

        Thanks for all help - I'll post a summary if enough info comes thru.

                                                        // cms