Make: Compiling source code from a different directory.

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Fri Dec 1 09:28:33 AEST 1989

In article <404 at massey.ac.nz>, KSpagnol at massey (Ken Spagnolo) writes:
[...cannot get make to grok '%' templates...]
| It works fine on the Sun, but when I tried it on our new DECstation 3100,
| it didn't work.  Does anyone know of another way to achieve this?  No
| matter what I try, I get "Don't know how to make target".  Thanx a lot.

Good old V7 make (probably what's on your DECstation), doesn't grok
'%' templates.  Get GNU Make (for free!) and use that instead.

Just another make hacker,
--
/== Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ====\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, Sol III  |