Implementing `fork' in a single address space

roland at cochise roland at cochise
Thu Dec 14 00:14:24 AEST 1989

pardo at cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) writes:

>I'm having problems figuring out how to implement `fork' correctly in
>one address space.  Perhaps it's impossible.

>Perhaps a related question:

>* Are there any pd (public-domain, or freeware) micro-unicies that I
>  can look at?

You might look for the source-available unix-lookalike "Minix" by
Andy Tanenbaum ( published by Prentice Hall ).

  The problem of implementing the fork call on the Atari ST has been
disputed here on the net rather lengthy.

             I know that You believe You understand what You think I said, but
             I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant.

Roland Rambau

  rra at cochise.pcs.com,   {unido|pyramid}!pcsbst!rra,   2:507/414.2.fidonet