find command

Brian V. Smith envbvs at epb2.lbl.gov
Sat Dec 2 08:58:56 AEST 1989

In article <12446 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>,
gsf at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Glenn Fowler[drew]) writes:
<
< the -depth option is mis-named - BSD and ATT find always use
depth-first-search
< by default find does a pre-order DFS - a directory is seen before its
children
< -depth (when available) turns on a post-order DFS - a directory is seen
< after its children have been processed
<
< ...[deleted]
<
< just think of -depth as -post
< a breadth-first directory traversal would be resource intensive

However, there *ISN'T* a -depth option in Ultrix/SunOs/BSD find, so I guess
it isn't possible to do a post-order DFS search.