Help req displaying PIC output on dumb monitor

Dave Merchant davr at focsys.uucp
Wed Dec 6 03:29:32 AEST 1989

I would like to preview a PIC drawing on a dumb ascii monitor.  I do
not have access to an X Window terminal or anything fancy like that. I
am willing to accept a very crude, rough approximation of the PIC
output.

Our system is Unix 3.2 (386/ix). My monitor is a ibm-pc running ms-dos
linked to the unix system via tcp/ip (rlogin) and looks like a vt220
to the Unix system.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of PIC, NROFF, MM and COL, but
to no avail. I know it can be done - I just need some help doing it.

Thanks