Cron

Guangliang He ghe at nucthy.physics.orst.edu
Tue Dec 5 08:11:27 AEST 1989

I thought I understand how cron work until a minute ago. My SYS V
machine died last night and I booted it up this morning. After I loged
on, I found the time is still on last night. So I set the date.
Everything is ok. A while ago, I got a mail from cron report the daily
backup was completed. This surprised me.  I thought the backup would be
skipped bacause it should be done in midnight and the machine was down
then. What happened to the cron? Do 'cron' and 'date' use different
clocks?

Any hints are welcome. Thanks in advance.
USMAIL:   Guangliang He             |  INTERNET: ghe at PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
          Department of Physics     |  BITNET:   hegl at ORSTVM.BITNET
          Weniger Hall 301          |
          Oregon State University   |
          Corvallis, OR 97331-6507  |  PHONE:    (503) 737-4631