.suffile/.logout in ksh (affects TIMEOUT?)

Govind N. Kamat kamat at uceng.UC.EDU
Thu Jun 1 04:10:33 AEST 1989

In article <984 at cbnewsh.ATT.COM> tel at cbnewsh.ATT.COM (thomas.e.lowe) writes:

>KSH Has a timeout feature that will log you out after so many seconds
>of idle time if your TIMEOUT (or TMOUT, i forget) is set.  I've been
>told that doing this trap will prevent this timeout from working.
>Is this true?  Why?  Bug or Feature?  Is it avoidable?

No, that is not true; the shell exits after TMOUT seconds of idle time
(+60 sec grace), and the trap is taken correctly when it exits.

--
Govind N. Kamat				College of Engineering
kamat at uceng.UC.EDU			University of Cincinnati